24 February 2011

Tool Time

Park Tool Co. MT-1 Rescue Wrench/ Multi-tool

I picked this little guy up last night at REI while picking up my safety helmet (don't worry, you'll hear about that later). It was between the MT-1 and a couple of the bigger multi-tools, but with me being the thrifter that I am I opted for the cheap.

It's Park Tool Co.'s crudest option as far as multis go- packing a punch with:
  • 3mm, 4mm, 5mm, 6mm, and 8mm hex wrenches
  • 8mm, 9mm, and 10mm socket wrenches
  • straight blade screwdriver
My biggest complaint thus far (I got a good bit of use out of this guy last night), while using the 6mm hex to replace my saddle, the 3mm scratched my seat post.

" uncomplicated, easy to use, and effective", parktool.com
Biking with a toddler in tow? Uncomplicated is the way to go. It's small enough to slip into my back pocket making my load a little lighter.

1 comment:

  1. Just used the straight blade screwdriver to install my new Royal Berkey water filtration.

    ReplyDelete